2018 אוקטובר סיכום ישיבת ועד

Minutes October 4, 2018

Present: Alexis, Jeff, Dovy, Rachel, R. Kleiner, Beth, Gadi

Missing: Brian, Zahava, Anita

 

HAGIM

Vaad Tfila – will meet in the next 2 weeks to review

Services – good

Shlichei Tzibur – good (make sure that important manginot are briefed)

Yom Kippur – closing the side wall (white).  Need to make sure people know.

Yom Kippur – need to have a plan for the flow of traffic (slamming door)

Cushions on the bottom of the plastic chairs to avoid noise

Sukkah – need to invest in the Sukkah.  Built on time.  Decorations.

Sukkah decorating activity was successful

Sukkah hop was successful (30 kids).  Teens helped to run the program.

  • Next year: can it end at KMA to help Minyan? Probably not.

Challenges with Kiddush

Simchat Torah was well organized and not over the top – which some people prefer.

  • Low attendance, good atmosphere and ruach
  • People noted that they liked it not being too crowded and encouraged more participation of the kids

KIDDUSH – is water enough?  Do there have to be soft drinks?  Is sugar festive?

  • To be discussed further with Alexis & Rachel
  • Up to the Kiddush host

Chantanei Simchat Torah should be better briefed

Need to make sure that only Kiddush Organizers have access to the fridge

Food for Kiddush should be clearly marked/signs (please don’t touch)

Suggest preparing house rules/guidelines for where people can go and what they can do in the space of the Synaguge complex (kitchen, gan, machsan, Gymboree, roof climbing)

Timing of RH & YK was good

Good atmosphere on RH & YK

Positive feedback from people that were hosted

Children’s Service – need to decide if there should be or should not be and then need to be better organized.

Kiddush 2nd day RH?  Will it be an attraction?

Attendance – less on RH than previous years, including long term members that stopped paying dues

2nd day RH included non-member families

FB did not include Simchat Torah!

  • Need to find a better PR solution, right now goes through Alexis
  • Work with Masorti (Tami) to reformat weekly announcements

Toy corner is a GREAT thing; but needs to be cleaned up

PROGRAMMING / Dovy

Not much feedback on proposal programs

How do we measure success?  Need to identify expectations and goals in order to measure success.

Ofer Berkowitz event (before 30 October)

  • Need to identify a Chair (Ora Lipsky?)
  • Dovy will send Alexis contact information
  • Hanan Fixler contact for Ofer Berkowitz

Friday Night Lights – possible start after 28 October

Shabbat B’khila – 9 – 10 November 2018

  • Anita agreed to co-chair
  • Need to publicize (pre-fab emails exists)

Recruit people to chair activities

  • Seudah Shlishit 13 Oct
  • Hannukah candlelighting 3 Dec

Put Noam dates on list of activities

  • Erev Yom Hashoah Tekes – participate in KMA
  • 8 June – Include Noam in Tikkun Leil Shavuot

YOM KIPPUR APPEAL

Only 9 envelopes were received

Bella needs to call

Do we want to continue with the envelopes?

Do we want to continue with the appeal?

Do we want to change the system?  Pick another date?

Needs to be YK

  • Maximum participation
  • Need to focus on accomplishments of the kehilah